Making backups of your Mac should be an easy process, and SuperDuper! understands that perfectly.
SuperDuper! creates exact clones of your Mac's hard drive so you have a full backup of all your data, including permissions, user profiles and private settings. SuperDuper! is very easy to use. Simply select the target and destination drives and start backing up. You can specify exactly which files you want to transfer and which you'd like to omit.
The interface is very well designed and always features explanations for each action. You can also schedule backups so that SuperDuper! launches automatically. In the advanced options, you can even choose to save your backup as a disk image. SuperDuper! also features a smart backup utility which only scans for new elements or changes instead of having to backup everything all over again.
There is very little to fault in SuperDuper! It's very efficient, works fast and gives you piece of mind in a few simple clicks. Maybe the interface could be given a bit of a facelift but the functionality can't be faulted.
SuperDuper! is one of the best backup and cloning tools you'll find for Mac.
- Enhancements & Bug Fixes
- SuperDuper now prevents the destination from being manually ejected during copy
- Proper error message now issued when a destination ejects itself due to hardware errors
- Resolved AppleScript dictionary compatibility issues under 10.4 that prevented scheduled copies and some shutdown actions from running
- Overly aggressive copy verification under Leopard no longer cause copies to fail on highly active files
- Setting permissions on read-only disk images no longer fail when there are bad OSAXen installed
- Launchpad and Mission Control are now shared for Sandboxes
- Sandbox script syntax error corrected